Rev. John Gibbons
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1843
Slave-owner on Barbados, son of Sir John Gibbons bart. (q.v.), from whom he inherited Bakers estate and the enslaved people on it. He sold the estate [and enslaved people] in 1806. Rector of Colington Thornbury Hereford 1790-1843 and of Brasted Kent 1805-1843.
- Will of Rev. John Gibbons clerk of Brasted Kent proved 20/05/1843. In the will he left his wife land in East Riding he had bought from Edward Turton, as well as his estate at Sundridge for life with remainder to his nephew Scawen Kenrick Gibbons [II] (changed in a codicil to a life-interest in entail) . He left monetary legacies of £500 or £1000 to numerous family members, totalling £18,500.
Oxford (Merton) [1771-1775 ]
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1777 [SY] - 1806 [EY] → Owner
Brasted, Kent, South-east England, England