Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1788
Apparently resident slave-owner in Jamaica, owner of Queenhithe in St Ann in 1780 and possibly until his death c. 1788.
- A letter from Francis Grant to Charles Gordon dated 04/07/1788 shows that his old friend Rook Clarke had recently died.
- GB 0231 University of Aberdeen, Special Collections, Gordons of Buthlaw and Cairness: Estate and Family papers, MS 1160/6/57.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1780 [EA] - 1780 [LA] → Owner