Catherine Hamilton then Bourke then Jordan Viscountess Mayo (née Aylmer)
Profile & Legacies Summary
Only surviving child and residuary legatee of Whitgift Aylmer (d. 1720). Assumed to have inherited Aylmers estate from him - certainly he left her a profitable estate in St John, and Aylmers was later owned by her second and then her third husbands.
- Married John Bourke, 8th Viscount Mayo, c. 1741 when already the widow of Mr Hamilton of Co. Galway. Her second husband died in 1767. She remarried, to Edmond Jordan, in Dublin 25/02/1770. Apparently her family were descendents of Dr John Aylmer, bishop of London, and Dr John Whitgift, archibishop of Canterbury (both in the reign of Elizabeth).
- Bernard Burke, A Genealogical History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and extinct peerages of the British empire (1883) p. 67; Ancestry.com, Irish Records Extraction Database [database online].
 - Hamilton  John Bourke  Edmond Jordan
With  Aylmer (1743-1748), Bridget
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1720 [SY] - → Trust beneficiary
Inherited Aylmers when still a child.