Trevanion Street, Dover (Kent)
'Trevanion Street ran from St. James’s Street to Liverpool Street and dates from at least 1782. John Trevanion was not a Dovorian, but lived here many years, became a Freeman and was MP for Dover from 1774 until 1803. He died in 1810. His town house, Trevanion House, was in this area. For 50 years he maintained at his own expense a school for 50 poor boys in Council House Street. The street was closed in 1959 for redevelopment.'