Built 30th Nov -0001 20000
Built by Sir Gilbert Heathcote, who had purchased the Normanton estate in 1729 at the age of 79. The house was demolished in 1925.
Nuala Zahedieh, 'An open elite? Colonial commerce, the country house and the case of Sir Gilbert Heathcote and Normanton Hall', in Madge Dresser and Andrew Hann (eds.) Slavery and the British Country House pp. 69-77.