Built 1st Jan 1782
C. 1782 Andrew Houstoun built a new house on the estate at Jordanhill that he inherited from his father. The house formed the greater part of the 'present mansion' when John Guthrie Smith and John Oswald Mitchell wrote The old country houses of the old Glasgow gentry in 1878. It was then sold c. 1800 for £16,500 to Archibald Smith, who spent another £5000 on improvements.
Stephanie Barczewski, Country house and the British Empire, 1700-1930 p. 27.