Purchased 30th Nov -0001
'The Nazeing Park estate was built up between 1780 and 1820 by William Palmer, a successful London merchant and the younger son of a prominent Leicestershire family. There was already a substantial house on the land when, in 1796, Palmer had the local highway diverted so he could extend Nazeing House (later Nazeing Park) to the designs of James Lewis. Palmer’s son George, a ship-owner and MP for Essex, further enlarged the estate, which, by 1848, totalled some 600 acres. It remained in the Palmer family until 1936/37, when it was bought by Sir Walter Hargreaves.'
Country Life 29/11/2012
Details of modifications
Extended in 1796 to the design of James Lewis