Estate Details

Associated People (1)

The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:

  • SD - Association Start Date
  • SY - Association Start Year
  • EA - Earliest Known Association
  • ED - Association End Date
  • EY - Association End Year
  • LA - Latest Known Association
1817 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Owner

Associated Claims (1)

£8,513 18S 10D


Shephard shows Prospect as the present estate against Lot no. 137 (147 acres, original purchaser Yeamans) and of the lands leased to French inhabitants Lot no. 111 (against Ratho Mill and Prospect, 74 acres, original 'purchaser' Imbert).


Charles Shephard An historical account of the Island of St Vincent Appendix XX.

Estate Information (7)

What is this?

[Number of enslaved people] 343(Tot)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Sir William John Struth as owner. 3 runaways

T71/493 202-209
[Number of enslaved people] 338(Tot) 180(F) 158(M)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Sir William John Struth as owner [5 enslaved people exchanged with William Edwards].

T71/495 96-98
[Number of enslaved people] 340(Tot) 179(F) 161(M)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Sir William Struth.

T71/497 70-71
[Number of enslaved people] 334(Tot) 173(F) 161(M)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Sir William Struth.

T71/497 82-84
[Number of enslaved people] 323(Tot) 165(F) 158(M)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Sir William Struth [decrease by deaths].

T71/499 70-71
[Number of enslaved people] 310(Tot) 150(F) 160(M)  
[Name] Prospect Estate  

Prospect Estate. The property of Sir William Struth. Statement sworn by Nathaniel Struth [4 enslaved people declared as having obtained their freedom under the third section of the Slavery Abolition Act, they having been in England]. Register taken on 1st May. Total on 1st August 1834 was 310 enslaved people.

T71/500 110-114
[Name] Prospect  

The Prospect estate, formerly the property of Sir William John Struth, was announced by Henry Edward Sharpe 'Local Commissioner' on 23/04/1859 to be put up for auction on 07/11/1859 after a petition by Catherine French and George Power. London Gazette 22271 07/06/1859 p. 2245.