Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1821
- Will of Thomas Cathrey of British Guiana proved 22/11/1821. The 'mutual will' was in fact made jointly by Thomas Cathrey and Johanna Wilhelmina Cathrey ('born Sluistman [?]), 'both inhabitants of Demerara and Essequibo....and domiciled there but now residing for a time in England.' They explained that having been married under Dutch law they were each entitled to will half of their joint property, but were 'now desirous to consolidate into one mass our said joint property.' They bequeathed 1200 guilders p.a. to establish a church of the Church of England on the island of Wakenam secured on their estate called Meer Zorg there for as long as it remained unsold.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1821 [EY] → Joint owner
Joint-owner with his wife, according to his will proved 22/12/1821 [PROB 11/1651/284].
1817 [EA] - 1817 [LA] → Owner