Marie Antoinette Stewart (née De Gentaut)
Profile & Legacies Summary
- Marie Antoinette Stewart was the wife of James Stewart or Stuart (who was described as "late of Grenada" when he died in Hart Street, Edinburgh, 17/12/1819). She was the daughter of Marie Angelique De Gentaut (q.v.). Marie and James had a daughter Mary Stuart (1812-1891) who died in Brugges and the death record shows her parents' names: "Mary Stuart rentiére, âgee de septante neuf ans, née dans les Indes occidentales, (possessions anglaises), demeurent a Bruges, fille de James Stuart, et de Mary Antoinette De Gontant, veuve de William Bell, décédé aux Indes occidentales".
- Email from Bob Janes sourced to Bruges : Bijlagen van overlijden 1889-1890 Geboorten, huwelijken, overlijden 1891 and David Dobson, Scots in the West Indies (1998) pp. 133, 135; Gentleman's Magazine vol. 6 p. 480 (January 1820).
We are grateful to Bob Janes for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1826 [EA] - → Owner