Profile & Legacies Summary
1797 - 1824
May Day Hill (previously the property of Thomas Bygrave the elder) was registered to Richard Bygrave in the Jamaica Almanacs of 1821 and 1822.
- Richard, son of Thomas Bygrave and his wife Hannah, was baptised 30/08/1798 in Vere. Richard Bygrave esq, aged 27, was buried at May Day Plantation, 17/11/1824.
- Familysearch.org, Jamaican parish registers, Vere Baptisms, marriages, burials 1694-1825, Vol. 1 p. 65; Manchester Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1816-1836 p. 257.
We are grateful to Paul Hitchings for his assistance with this entry.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1820 [EA] - 1821 [LA] → Not known