Established in 1824 to build a bridge across the Teign, opened 08/06/1827 at a cost of £26,000. The bridge was replaced in 1931.
Journal of the House of Commons, Sess. 1828 Vol. 83 p. 476.
27th Nov 1782 - 8th Dec 1862
Wesleyan Minister, apparently sought to manumit his enslaved people for religious reasons
Visit the people of interest section
The Buff Bay plantation was a sugar estate next to the Buff Bay River, south of Charlestown in Jamaica. By 1839, the estate was 840 acres.
Visit the document of interest section
© Copyright Legacies of British Slavery - UCL Department of History 2022