Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1773
Purchaser of Barbados Bay division (St George parish) Lot no. 2 (500 acres), which became Bacolet estate, on 20/05/1765, and probably the Robert Stewart who was one of the Commissioners of land sales in the ceded and neutral islands.
- John Burke gives Robert Stewart one of the Commissioners of the ceded islands as the son of John Stewart of Urrard and as dying in Tobago unmarried in 1773.
- John Burke, A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain (1838) Vol. 4 p. 40 'Stewart of St Fort.'
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
20/05/1765 [SD] - → Owner
12/05/1766 [SD] - 1773 [EY] → Joint owner