Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1817
Previous owner of Byndloss estate in St Thomas-in-the-Vale Jamaica, dying 'of Quarry Hill Wigton.' His legatee was John Dand (q.v.).
- The death of Henry Marshall esq., of Quarry Hill Wigton Cumberland was reported at Fenchurch Street in London in 1817. Under the will of Henry Marshall, Planter of Bolton Cumberland proved 01/04/1817, he left an annnuity of £400 p.a. to his widow Elizabeth and £40 p.a. to his to sisters. He left £3000 in trust to his nephews William Pearson of Maryport and John Dand of Wigton, both in Cumberland for the benefit of his niece Catherine Fell and £2000 for the benefit of his nieces Jane Robertson, Mary Robertson and Elizabeth Todd.
- Monthly Magazine and British Register Volume 43 May 1  'Deaths in and near London', p. 372; PROB 11/1591. Gentleman's Magazine Vol. 121 1817 p. 377 shows Henry Marshall aged 69 and as of Quarry Hill and of Byndley's [sic] estate St Thomas's in the Vale Jamaica.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1799 [EA] - 1817 [EY] → Owner
Quarry Hill, Wigton, Cumberland, Northern England, England