Profile & Legacies Summary
Alive in 1817 but deceased by 1820. Her executor was Benjamin Capon.
- “Hook, Peggy about [blank] years of age a woman of colour and free condition died at her own house at Savanna la Mar in the parish of Westmoreland on Sunday evening 5th and was carried from thence to the Church and from thence to the New Burying Ground where she was buried on Tuesday morning 7th October 1817 by me Edward Pope LLD Rector”
- Familysearch.org, Jamaica Parish Registers, Westmoreland Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1739-1825, p. 326.
We are grateful to Paul Hitchings for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1817 [EA] - → Owner
1820 [EA] - 1829 [LA] → Previous owner