Thomas Rogers of Antigua
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1828
Father-in-law of Sir William Byam (q.v.), and former owner of Mercers and Hawes Creek on Antigua.
- Will of Thomas Rogers of the Island of Antigua proved 11/08/1828. In his will he left the Mercers and Hawes's [sic] estates in trust to secure an annuity of £700 p.a. to his wife Sarah, who also had use for life of the house on Hawes's and a town-house in St John's, and to secure an annuity of £90 p.a. to his nephew Edward Rogers RN. The remainder of his estate passed primarily to his grand-children, including Thomas Rogers Coull and William Ann [sic] Coull.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1817 [EA] - 1828 [LA] → Owner
1832 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Previous owner