Rt. Hon. Frances Payne Baroness Lavington
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1830
Widow of Ralph Payne (q.v.). Enslaved people were registered in her name in Antigua between 1817 and 1828, inferred to have been on the Carlisle estate.
- There is no mention of the Carlisle estate in the will of Rt. Hon Frances Baroness Lavington widow of Hampton Court proved 03/07/1830. Under the will, 'willing to do the most justice with the small property I may have to leave behind', she made bequests of personal items: her residuary legatee was her brother-in-law Sir William Payne Gallwey (q.v.).
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1817 [EA] - 1828 [LA] → Owner
1832 [EA] - 1832 [LA] → Previous owner
Hampton Court, Surrey, South-east England, England