Ann Ewbank Johnson
Profile & Legacies Summary
12th Dec 1824 - ????
Identified in the compensation records as the grand-daughter of Thomas Ashmeade, heiress of a group of enslaved people in St Ann, Jamaica.
- Ann Ewbank Johnson, born 12/12/1824 and baptised 26/02/1826 in St Ann, Jamaica, daughter of John Johnson and his wife Susan/Susannah. Susan was baptised in Clarendon in 1803, the daughter of Thomas Asmeade I and his wife Ann (nee Ewbank?) and the sister of Thomas Ashmeade II and Frances. According to the compensation records, John Johnson was the first husband of Susan.
- Familysearch.org, Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 [database online]; T71/857 Jamaica St Ann 56 (Charlton Kings).
Name in compensation records
Ann Eubank Johnson
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [EA] - → Trust beneficiary