Mrs Elizabeth Maclachlan or MacLaughlan Gayner (née Raffington)
Profile & Legacies Summary
Slave-owner in Jamaica, shown as an absentee in 1823, but otherwise apparently resident.
- Marriage at Sea-View, in St. Ann's, on the 5th inst., John William Gayner, Esq., to Miss Eliza Lauchan Raffington, daughter of Thomas Raffington, Esq.
- Royal Gazette of Jamaica 13/08/1814.
We are grateful to Peter Selley for his assistance with compiling this entry.
John William Gayner
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1828 [EA] - 1832 [LA] → Trust beneficiary