Joseph George Nibbs
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1823
Resident slave-owner on Jamaica.
- Will of Joseph George Nibbs of St Ann Jamaica [made in 1820, attested 1823, proved in Jamaica 1828] proved in London 12/05/1830. He left Salisbury, Bloomfield and Three Hills to his wife for life and to her heirs if she remarried and had children, otherwise he left Salisbury to his uncle Matthew Gallimore and other relatives and Bloomfield and Three Hills to his brother-in-law John Gabandon.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1809 [EA] - 1820 [LA] → Owner
1826 [EA] - → Other