Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1799
Brother of Henry Haffey (q.v.), the owner of Mount Alexander.
- Will of Peter Haffey of St Vincent [made 10/01/1797] proved 07/09/1799. Under the will he left his real and personal property in trust to John Cropper late of St Vincent but now of the island of Martiniro [sic] to sell the property and to distribute the proceeds. He left 1 shilling each to his brothers and to his nephews Robert Peter Scott and Peter Scott, and divided his estate into 4/9ths to the children of his brother John; 3/9ths to Gill Slater of Liverpool (q.v.); and 2/9ths to his executor John Cropper (q.v.). In a codicil of 23/02/1797 he added provisions to free seven named enslaved people, to pay £50 and give two named enslaved people to 'Little Sally', a free black woman formally belonging to him, and to pay legacies of £50-200 each to several individuals in Liverpool and London. In a second codicil, when he was in Liverpool 08/10/1798, he instructed the freeing of his 'negro boy Luck son of Louis and Sally' and left him an annuity of £8 p.a.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1799 [EA] - 1799 [LA] → Previous owner