Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 25th Sep 1825
- Died at sea, on board the Kingston, bound for England, 25/09/1825; of Ramble and a magistrate in Manchester parish. The announcement of his death in the Royal Gazette was accompanied by a tribute from an unnamed admirer which included the passage: “By his suavity of manners, unerring integrity and general benevolence, he was singularly fortunate in never having made an enemy... his loss will be severely felt by a numerous circle of friends and relations, and by none more than by that class of persons who were fortunate enough to be his slaves”.
- Royal Gazette (Jamaica), 19/11/1825.
We are grateful to Paul Hitchings for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1811 [EA] - 1823 [LA] → Owner
1826 [EA] - 1828 [LA] → Previous owner