Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1808
Active as a slave-factor in Demerara.
- Will of James Ogle of No. 11 Caroline Street Bedford Square [made in 1802, when he was 'shortly about to depart' for Demerara] proved 20/09/1808. He instructed his trustees to sell his property in England and the West indies and pay the income to his mother Jane of Brompton Row, and after her death to pay legacies of £2000 each to his brother Richard and his [the testator's] nephews James and Richard and niece Jane, children of the elder Richard, with the remainder of his property, including property in Demerara, to pass to his sister Mary.
Data on slave factors suppled to LBS by Nick Radburn, University of Lancaster, for whose help LBS is grateful [the LBS slave-owenrship database associates him with Plantation No. 35 but currently without supporting evidence].
- PROB 11/1585/183
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1801 [EA] - 1801 [LA] → Not known
11 Caroline Street, Bedford Row, London, Middlesex, London, England