Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1790
Given also as 'John Angevin', owner of Southampton / Hampton estates in St Ann, Jamaica. Deceased 1790.
- Will of John Angwin of St Ann, Middlesex [Jamaica] proved 04/05/1790. Under the will he left £3000 currency each to his two reputed daughters Sarah Hilton Angwin and Frances Angwin now in England,and if they did not survive to 21, the legacy was to go to his reputed son Robert Hilton Angwin and then to another reputed son John Angwin. He left to Sarah Mary Williamson if she was still living with him at the time of his death but not otherwise 'the five following negro girl slaves', Prue [sp?], Nell, Phebee [sic], Mary and Myrtilla, together with their 'future increase' for Sarah Mary Williamson's life, plus £50, legacies that he revoked in a codicil. He left the remainder of his estate in trust for his two natural sons.
Robert Hilton; John; Sarah Hilton; Frances
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1792 [EA] - → Previous owner