Profile & Legacies Summary
- Will of Birmingham [sic] Nugent [formerly of Demerara but now in London] [made in 1827] proved 02/03/1836. In the will he said that he held a mortgage for 124,000 guilders secured on Richmond Hill and executed 30/04/1793 which had been granted him by his nephew Richard Nugent for the purchase money, and payable to him in Europe. The estate had been sold subject to this mortgage to Messrs John, Peter and Charles McGarel. He left 9000 guilders each from the proceeds of the mortgage to Jane White, widow of David White [my wife's nephew] of Lisbon and Ann's five children.
- PROB 11/1859/259; a notice in London Gazette 19542 19/09/1837 p. 2454 shows Charles McGarel advertising to have the mortgage cancelled, it having been paid off, and described Bermingham Nugetn as late of Cheltenham.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1793 [EA] - 1837 [LA] → Mortgage Holder
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, South-west England, England