Lucy Mary Billingsley (née Dottin)
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1803
Absentee slave-owner and mortgagee on Barbados, owner of an estate called the Blessing in St Lucy that has not yet been further traced.
- Will of Lucy Mary Billingsley widow [late of Bath but now of Mount Beacon in the parish] of Walcot Somerset [mde in 1799] proved 25/05/1803. In the will, she identified her dead husband as Rev. Philip Billingsley. She left her estate of The Blessing in St Lucy Barbados and the enslaved people on it in trust for her nephew Abel Rous Dottin (q.v.) of Clayfield Co. of Southampton, subject to raising £6500 to fund a series of monetary legacies.
Rev. Philip Billingsley
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1788 [EA] - 1791 [LA] → Mortgage Holder
Mount Beacon, Walcot, Somerset, South-west England, England