Samuel Harman I
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1759
Son of Capt. William Harman (d. 1708).
- Will of Samuel Harman of Antigua proved 24/10/1760. The 'will' is instead 'heads' summarising the main terms. £400 to John Harman plus the 'negro Joney' in addition to what he has already had; £1200 currency 'and negroes Nannie and child' to Jane Lyons; £1200 currency and 'negroes Cylinda and her two children and Rilia [?] and her child'; £1200 currency 'and negroes Berky and her three children and Sarey' to Dorothy; £1200 and two 'new Negroes worth £20 sterling each' to William Harman; £1200 and two 'new Negroes worth £20 sterling each' to Elizabeth Harman; £1200 and two 'new Negroes worth £20 sterling each' to Ann Harman; £200 currency and 'negroes Billy and Priss and her issue' to Katherine Symes. All the rest to Samuel Harman junior his son.
Samuel II; William Wickham; John; Jane; Mary; Dorothy; Catherine; Amy; Anne; Elizabeth
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1759 [EY] → Owner
It has been inferred that 'Samuel Harmans' was among the property left by Samuel Harman I in 1759 to his son Samuel Harman II.