Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1786
- Ann Luttman of Westmoreland, spinster, married Thomas Finlason, planter, at St.Elizabeth, 23/08/1774; Thomas Finlason was buried at Friendship on 04/08/1786. Ann married for a second time, to Dr Duncan Robertson, in St Elizabeth, 30/11/1787. According to the son of Duncan Robertson by his second wife: "I should like... to record a very remarkable matrimonial chain which commenced quire early in the eighteenth century by the marriage of a young man, then living in Jamaica, who started the chain. In his old age he married a second wife who was quite a young girl, a Miss Lutman. During her husband's last illness, my father, Dr Robertson, attended him professionally; and he made the very extraordinary request to my father that he would, after a reasonable period, marry the young widow, who had no near relations living on the island. This he did, and became owner of part of Friendship; the other half he purchased from Mr Lutman, his wife's brother, and the whole estate thus became his property."
- St Elizabeth, Jamaica, parish register (familysearch.org - unindexed Baptisms, marriages, burials 1705-1820); James Peter Robertson Personal Adventures and Anecdotes of an Old Officer (1906) pp. 2-3, available at https://archive.org/stream/personaladventu01robegoog#page/n23.
We are grateful to Paul Hitchings for his assistance with compiling this entry.
 Ann Luttman
With  William (1774-), Elizabeth (1780-)
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1787 [EA] - 1789 [LA] → Previous owner
- 1786 [EY] → Owner