Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1757
Slave-owner on Barbados, dying in London and buried in Westminster Abbey.
- Will of Alexander Walker of St Thomas Barbados [made in 1742 when he was about to voyage to England] proved 21/02/1758. He left his estates to his daughter Newton Walker, failing whom to his brother William Walker. He freed and provided £60 p.a. for an enslaved woman, known as 'house Betty', christened Elizabeth Mclean.
- PROB 11/836/105
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1757 [EY] → Owner