Profile & Legacies Summary
Co-owner of St Charles in Trinidad with Hugh Giddy Peake.
- In February 1827, Simeon Zoalie and Angelique Bull, two enslaved people, were accused of attempting to murder the slave-owner Edward Chubb. They were found guilty of the lesser charge of attempting to cause grevious bodily harm through the use of poison and were sentenced to 10 years hard labour.
- House of Lords Sessional Papers 1801-1833 vol. 241 (1828) p. 86.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [EA] - → Previous owner