Dr. Hamilton Steele
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1781
Former Army surgeon, then resident on Cape Sal plantation Grenada.
- Will of Hamilton Steele English physician of Grenada [native of Ireland] proved 02/05/1782. He left to John Louis a free mulatto of Port Royal 380 livres; to his 'servant' Esther a mulatto living with him 2000 livres; and 800 livres p.a. and 8000 livres at 20 to his natural daughter Jenny Steele. His residuary legatee was his brother Robert Steele, whom he expected to come to Grenada.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1781 [EY] → Other
Hamilton Steele was resident as doctor on Cape Sale when he made his will in 1781.