Profile & Legacies Summary
Claimant or beneficiary
Son of James Watson (1740-c.1799), brother or half-brother of James Watson (q.v.) and Thomas Watson (q.v.).
- According to Vere Langford Oliver, Francis Watson was the son of James Watson (1740-c. 1799). Two other sons of James Watson (1740-c. 1799) are reported by Oliver to have been Thomas and James, sons of his housekeeper Winifred Ann Olton: it is ambiguous from Oliver whether Francis was also the son of Winifred Ann Olton, although Francis was described in the summary of James Watson's( 1740-c.1799) will as his natural son. Francis Watson's widow Jane Margaret (nee Thomas) died aged 84 at East Ham in 1895.
- Vere Langford Oliver, History of Antigua Vol. 3 'Pedigree of Watson', p. 208.
Jane Margaret Thomas
Mary Ann Eliza
Associated Claims (3)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1821 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Joint owner