Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1836
Claimant or beneficiary
Widow and co-heir of Gedney or Gidney Clarke of Brentwood (q.v.).
- Will of Mary Clarke [heretofore of Gloucester Place in the parish] of St Dunstan Stepney [but now of West Ham Essex] proved 11/05/1836. She originally left £500 to her son John Bettesworth and legacies to her brothers named Stebbings but after their deaths, in a codicil of 1835 she left her property to her son Edward Lascelles Clarke. She specified that she was entitled to enslaved people on Barbados rented out to the Earl of Harewood on his Thickett estate.
Edward Lascelles Clarke
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
West Ham, Essex, South-east England , England