Francis William Henry Martin
Profile & Legacies Summary
Claimant or beneficiary
Francis William Henry Martin of York, tenant-in-common with Albertina Bird (q.v.) of Consent Plantation in St. Andrew, Jamaica. Tentative identification only, and no connection established with his co-awardee Albertina Bird (q.v.) or with David Haase, the previous owner of Content.
- The will of a Francis William Henry Martin, druggist of Yeadon, was proved 26/03/1867 (effects under £800). This was the Francis W. H. Martin Chemist and druggist, a widower aged 37, born Middlesex, who was living at Town Side, Yeadon in 1851 with his four daughters, aged 5-8, the older three of whom were born at Calverley (where Albertina Bird was living in 1841). He was at the same address in 1851. A marriage (with no wife's name) is given for a Francis William Henry Martin at Dewsbury Q1 1841. No clear birth exists: a Francis William Henry Martin, the son of Henry and Sophia Martin of the Rolls Building, was baptised 11/11/1812 at St Dunstans in the West.
T71/915 St Andrew No. 155.
- National Probate Calendar 1867; 1851 census online; FreeUKGen, England and Wales Free BMD Database, Deaths, 1837-1983 [database online]; Ancestry.com, London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 [database online].
Name in compensation records
Francis W.H. Martin
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [EA] - → Tenant-in-common
York, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England
Town Side, Yeadon, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England