Rev. Peter Robertson
Profile & Legacies Summary
1787 - 1849
Claimant or beneficiary
Scottish clergyman, awarded with Hon. Duncan Robertson (q.v.) the compensation for the enslaved people on Friendship estate in St Elizabeth Jamaica, as executors and trustees of Duncan Robertson.
- Son of Rev James Robertson DD (1739-1812), Minister at Callander 1768-1812. Brother of Hon. Duncan Robertson (1781-1850) of Gilnock, St Elizabeth and nephew of Hon Duncan Robertson MD (d. 1824) of Friendship & Carronvale. Minister at Callander 1813-43; member of the General Assembly of the Church
of Scotland siding in 1843 with the Free Church party who seceded from the established Church, but immediately resigned and retired to the family estate at Braendam between Callander and Thornhill. Dsp 18/01/1849.
- James MacDonald, Character Sketches of Old Callander, 3rd ed (Stirling 2006) pp. 88-9; Fasti Ecclesiæ Scoticanæ: the Succession of Ministers in the Church of Scotland
from the Reformation, Scott, Hew, (9 volumes. Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd, 1915-), vol. 4 pp. 340-341.
We are grateful to Neil Barrow for his help with this entry.
Free Church of Scotland
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [EA] - → Trustee and Executor
Callander, Stirlingshire, Central Scotland, Scotland