Profile & Legacies Summary
Claimant or beneficiary
- Repeatedly referred to in the diary of John Thomas Hynes as providing assistance with introductions to estate owners in British Guiana in the 1840s. Manager of the British Guiana Bank from at least 1845 to 1848: "in all probability an Apostate. His uncle, who visited the Colony in the life time of Mr. Conner, was a pious and zealous Catholic."
- Brian Condon (ed.), The Diary of John Thomas Hynes OP, 1799-1869, Bishop of Leros and Apostolic Administrator, later Vicar Apostolic, of British Guiana, 1843-1858, via cam.org.au [accessed 22/03/2021].
We are grateful to Jim Brennan for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Roman Catholic [?]
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1832 [EA] - 1832 [LA] → Joint owner