Profile & Legacies Summary
8th Jun 1798 - ????
Claimant or beneficiary
Owner of Mount Chrissy in St Andrew, Jamaica, which he inherited from his father.
- John Fox, son of Isaac Fox and his first wife Christian, was born 08/06/1798 and baptised in Kingston 14/07/1798. A previous child named John had been born to Isaac and Christian in 1794 but died in 1796. Christian had died by 1806 when Isaac remarried, to Mary Eliza Young. John Fox of St Andrew married Mary Drew of St Ann in St Ann, Jamaica, 08/08/1827. Mary appears with the middle name Lavinia in the bapisms of their children Charlotte Eliza Fitley (born 1832, baptised 1835 in St Andrew), John Fregea Fitley (born 1834, baptised 1835 in St Andrew), Isaac Harris (born 1846, baptised in St Elizabeth in 1847) and Isaac (born 1850, baptised in Trelawney in 1851). John Fox lived at Mount Cussey [sic] in St Andrew in 1835 and was a clerk in Black River in 1847. By 1850 he was curate of Good Hope Chapel.
- Familysearch.org, Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 [database online]; Ancestry.com, London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 [database online]. See also https://www.foxfamilyhistory.com.au/Isaac_Fox_1759/IsaacFox_1759.htm [accessed 29/11/2021].
We are grateful to Peter Fox for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Charlotte Eliza Titley (1832-), John Fregea Titley (1834-), Isaac Harris (1846-), Isaac (1850-)
Planter then clergyman
Church of England
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [EA] - 1839 [LA] → Owner