Baron Maximilian August von Ketelhodt
Profile & Legacies Summary
27th Dec 1804 - ????
Claimant or beneficiary
Custos of St Thomas, reportedly killed in Morant Bay rising.
- Maximilian August Baron of Ketelhodt married Sophie Louisa Colleton Graves in Westminster, 15/12/1830. The marriage record gives his date of birth as 27/12/1804 and his parents as Karon Baron of Ketelhodt and Maianne Von Berdisdorff. She was the widow of Tristram Ratcliffe, owner of Exeter estate in Vere, Jamaica, whom she had married in 1813. Tristram Ratcliffe had left ownership of the estate to his wife, in whose name Maximilian claimed unsuccessfully for compensation for Exeter Estate in 1834. The compensation was awarded to Joseph Brooks Yates, as mortgagee and purchaser under certain indentures and as judgement creditor, October 1825. Their daughter Carolina Julia Von Ketelhodt was baptised in the Lutheran Church, Aachen, Prussia, 19/03/1832.
The Illustrated London News 25 November 1865.
- Familysearch batch nos. M05002-1 and M14751-6 (where his wife's surname is given as Graves-Colleton). T71/858 Vere claim no. 161 (part) (Exeter). Familysearch batch no. C99511-1.
Sophie Louisa Ratcliffe nee Colleton Graves
Colina Julia (1832-)
Associated Claims (2)
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
Owner in right of his wife.
1839 [EA] - 1839 [LA] → Owner