Profile & Legacies Summary
Father of Charles James Clarke (q.v.) who predeceased him.
- The background to the family's transmission of property, including Industry, Enfield and the enslaved people attached to these estates, was set out in an application to allow the sale of 'detached land' by the guardian of Charles James Clarke's children in November 1809. The record shows William Clarke making his will in April 1802 when his son was still alive.
- VOTES OF THE HONOURABLE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY OF JAMAICA, IN A SESSION Begun October 31, and ended December 14, 1809 (St Jago de Vega, 1810).
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1803 [EA] - 1831 [LA] → Previous owner
1799 [EA] - → Joint owner