Profile & Legacies Summary
6th Aug 1767 - 1813
Son of Captain Julines Hering (q.v.), dying in Jamaica c. 1813.
- Son of Captain Julines Hering and his wife Mary nee Inglis. Born 06/08/1767 and baptised 01/12/1767 in Westmoreland, Jamaica. Ensign in Captain Riddell's Independent Company of Foot in 1782. Lieutenant in the 71st Regiment in 1783. Half-pay in the 42nd Highlanders (Black Watch) 1784-91. Lieutenant in the 60th (Royal American) Regiment from 1791; Captain 1793; retired 1799. Died unmarried.
- Familysearch.org, Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 [database online]; John Alexander Inglis, The family of Inglis of Auchindinny and Redhall (1914) p. 74.
We are grateful to Katie McAdam for her assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1810 [EA] - 1811 [LA] → Owner