Mary Reid of Wherstead
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1836
Claimant or beneficiary
Sister of Ann Capper, daughter and legatee of George Reid senior and sister of George Reid junior (all of whom q.v.). Claimant as annuitant on the Friendship estate in Jamaica.
- Mary Reid of Wherstead was the beneficiary of an annuity of £500 p.a under the will of her father George Reid senior and of £10,000 secured on the Friendship estate in Jamaica. Under her will, made in 1830 with administration granted 03/05/1836, she left her entire estate to her sister Ann Capper. Rev. George Capper (q.v.) as executor of Mary Reid [probably Mary Reid of Henley Hall, q.v.] claimed compensation for the Friendship estate in Jamaica, on which Mary Reid of Wherstead was an annuitant under the will of George Reid senior.
- PROB 11/1862/168. The will is two lines long; the probate shows her as formerly of Henley but late of Wherstead, where Elizabeth Reid lived.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [SY] - 1836 [EY] → Annuitant
Henley Hall, Henley, Suffolk, East Anglia, England
Mary Reid was shown as late of Wherstead and formerly of Henley in the probate of her will in 1836. Her aunt was Mary Reid of Henley Hall