Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1814
Owner of the Alliance estate in British Guiana, dying c. 1814, leaving a widow Janet Higgins and a son Matthew James Higgins (each of whom q.v.).
- Will of Matthew Higgins of 93 Gloucester Place Portman Square proved 26/04/1814. In his will he left his estate in trust, after arranging to settle a debt of £10,000 he owed to the London merchant Nathaniel Winter, for his wife for life and after her death to settle £10,000 on each of his three daughters Amelia, Alicia and Harriet, with the remainder to his son Matthew James. The will refers to his late brothers and to amounts of Irish currency Matthew Higgins held for the family. His trustees were Nathaniel Winter, Tully Higgins (then of Demerary) and Alexander Baillie of Harley Street (each of whom q.v.). All three of Matthew Higgins' daughters appear to have married into Italian families, and his wife was in Milan at the time of compensation.
Matthew James Higgins
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1814 [EY] → Owner
93 Gloucester Place, Portman Place, London, Middlesex, London, England