Nathaniel Weeks [or Weekes] [senior]
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1809
- Will of Nathaniel Weekes Doctor of Physic of St Philip Barbados [made in 1808] was proved 26/06/1809. In the will he left £5000 currency to each of his daughters Mary Ann Weekes and Ann Weekes. If his wife was pregnant at his death he provided that his land called Rawlins and Savanna be stocked with 30 'negro or other slaves' for the benefit of a son; if a daughter he left her £5000. He left his son Nathaniel his estate called Mangrove and the enslaved people attached to it. He explained that he and his family were about to travel to England, and he made contingent legacies of more than £18,000 to family and friends should they die on the voyage.
T71/536, p. 341.
- PROB 11/1500/41
Rebecca Ann Palmer
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association