Hon. Hugo James
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1835
Shown as Attorney-General of Jamaica on the death of his son Major Hugh Rees James in India in 1865.
- Will of Hugo James of St Catherine Jamaica proved 11/12/1835. In the will [made in 1831] he authorised his executors to take possession of and sell and dispose of all my residuary estates, negroes, property and effects whatsoever' for the benefit of his wife and children. He instructed his library be taken to Great Britain to be sold there 'as adequate prices are not obtained in this island for books in general.'
Gentleman's Magazine Jan-June 1865 p. 114.
- PROB 11/1855/144
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [EA] - 1831 [LA] → Owner