John Wickham Mayer
Profile & Legacies Summary
- Will of John Wickham Mayer of Antigua [made in 1797] proved 24/04/1800. In the will he showed the indebtedness of Walter Colquhoun for the sale of his [the testator's] estate to Colquhoun under a deed of June 1797. He left to his wife £300 and £1000 from the amounts of £500 and £3000 currency owed to him by Walter Colquhoun. He also left £200 for his children by Grace Rowland 'a white woman.'
- PROB 11/1340/304. It is indexed on the TNA site to 24/04/1808, erroneously it appears.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1797 [EY] → Owner
John Wickham Mayer sold his estate, inferred to be Mayers, to Walter Colquhoun under a deed of June 1797, just before Mayer made his own will.