Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1737
Slave-owner on St Kitts, born on Montserrat according to his will, and dying in London c. 1737.
- Will of Nicholas Gallwey planter of [the island of St Kitts now residing at] London [made in 1736] proved in London 09/02/1737. He left his wife Anne £1000 in lieu of dower, and his estates to his eldest son David with remainder to a younger son Tobias Wall Gallwey (q.v.) [who appears in fact have inherited]. He authorised his executors to buy land near his Mountain or Pond estates on St Kitts and mentioned a further estate he leased in partnership with John Blake from Mr Teady [?] Fay.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1737 [EY] → Owner
Owner of Pond, according to his will made in 1736 and proved in 1737.