General Frederick Johnston
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1882
Beneficiary under his marriage settlement with Elizabeth Henrietta Jane Tollemache of £7000 secured on Gambles estate [and enslaved people] in Antigua.
- [Captain then Major] Frederick Johnston brought an action against Rt. Hon. Thomas Brudenell, commonly called Lord Brudenell, for 'criminal conversation' with his wife Elizabeth Jane Henrietta Johnston nee Tollemache in 1826. It is not clear what happened under the marriage settlement after the estrangement of the Johnstons.
- Journal of the House of Lords, Vol. 58 25 April 1826 p. 238.
Elizabeth Henrietta Jane Tollemache
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association