Sarah Jane Keith Senior
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1847
Claimant or beneficiary
Resident Jamaica slave-owner. Affidavits from Sarah Jane Keith Senior and Gilbert William Senior feature in the Narrative of James Williams.
- Will of Sarah Jane Keith Senior, spinster of Middlesex Jamaica (made in 1828, when she was about to embark for England ) was proved 28/12/1848. Under her will she left 20 named enslaved people to her cousin William Rowe and in the event of her brother Gilbert William Keith dying without issue she left 4 groups of named enslaved people (each 5-7 strong) to her three sisters and her niece. Her brother Gilbert William Senior was her residuary heir: in the event she outlived him.
Associated Claims (2)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1809 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Joint owner