Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1791
London merchant, brother and co-partner with William Bond (q.v.) and partner with Abraham Watson Rutherford (q.v.).
- Will of Thomas Bond merchant of Bond Court Wal[l]brook proved 13/08/1791. Thomas Bond left £1000 each to his niece Sarah Wilkinson widow, her sister Rebecca Bond, 'my kinswomen' Elizabeth Bond and Sarah Bond the daughters of Richard Bond of Frampton in Gloucestershire, Miss Ann Smith daughter of Mr William Smith of Pagan Hill in Gloucestershire and 'my worthy and esteemed friend' Abraham Watson Rutherford of Bond Court. He left an annuity of £200 p.a. to his sister Mary, wife of John Barket [also given in the will as Burkett] of Southampton, and directed that £25 p.a. should be paid by Ab. W. Rutherford in support of George Parker 'a youth.... lately come from Jamaica' with £500 to George Parker at 21 on condition that Parker assigned all his right and title to a small house in Kingston to Mrs Ann Bond now residing therein. He also left among other monetary bequests an annuity of £50 p.a. to Mrs Sophia Bond late of Church Street St Anns, Soho Square. He left the residue of his personalty to his brother William, together with his real property, including the enslaved people attached to it, in Jamaica.
- PROB 11/1207/260. The will is indexed online at Ancestry.com as 'Thomas Bend'.
West India merchant
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1779 [EA] - 1791 [EY] → Joint owner
Bond Court, Walbrook, City of London, Middlesex, London, England