Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1825
Son of Thomas Latham (q.v.) and Ann Latham (q.v.), brother of Alfred and Charles (each of whom q.v.).
- Will of George Latham of Winchester House Broad Street proved 03/06/1825. He left his share of the profits of George Latham & Co. one-third to his brother and executor Alfred Latham; 1/6th to his brother Henry; and 1/2 in trust. This latter 1/2, plus the £3000 he had inherited from his father, he left in trust to be divided 1/6th each to his siblings Arthur, Alfred, Charles, Henry and Clara and 1/6th in trust for his sister Anne Willink for life and then to her children. In a codicil written in Trinidad dated 22/01/1825 and to avoid confusion as far as concerns 'the Chatham [sic] estate and 284 slaves attached thereto', he made arrangements for two local men to take charge of the estate, to inventory it and to await instructions from his executors.
Associated Estates (3)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1825 [EY] → Not known
1822 [EA] - 1825 [LA] → Owner
1822 [EA] - 1822 [LA] → Mortgagee-in-Possession
Winchester House, Broad Street, City of London, Middlesex, London, England